Thursday, January 24, 2013

Penelope Poem

I am Penelope; beautiful and sad
I wonder if my love thinks of me when he looks at the stars in the night
I hear the cry of my little boy as he cries out for his father
I see a reflection in the mirror that foreshadows the depression and tension
in my life
I want my husband to come home so I can hug him like there is no
tomorrow
I am Penelope;beautiful and sad

I pretend I don’t care that Odysseus is away
I feel the sorrow in my heart just wanting to be with him all the time
I touch my hair the way he used to brush it against his hands
I worry if someday he will never return and get killed by one of the gods
I cry when I lay on my bed and see the empty space beside me where he
once laid
I am Penelope; beautiful and sad

I understand that he went to follow his dreams but why hasn’t he came
back?
I say to myself that he will once return and we will all be a happy family
once more
I dream of holding him in my arms and him whispering in my ear that he
loves me
I try to make my little one feel the father warmth that he needs
I hope someday to see Odysseus once more before I die
I am Penelope; beautiful and sad

No comments:

Post a Comment